Below are questions my clients have asked. Hopefully they will help clear up some of the questions you might have. Please be aware that I am not a Licensed Medical Doctor. If you have any concerns about your medicines or health, please consult your Medical Doctor before starting any health and wellness program.
1. Do the load days count as two of the days of the minimum 21 days taking the Reduce 1x? No. The minimum days taking Reduce 1x is 3 weeks. However you need to remember that once you stop taking it you need to stay on the 500 calorie diet for 72 more hours. So actually the minimum you should be on the low calorie diet is 21 days plus the additional 3 days or 24 days total.
2. I have been hungry a lot on Phase 2. Then when I eat I am full so quick I can hardly eat all my food. What can I do to even it out? First of all make sure you are drinking your water, tea, etc. That makes an enormous difference. If you are getting full so quickly, if it were me I would divide some of my food and eat more often. Technically you can eat every 2 hours. You have 2 proteins, 2 vegetables, 2 fruits, and 2 melba toast that you can have during the day. Most people have a certain time of day or evening that they are more hungry. Save a fruit for that time or even a 1/2 a fruit. An amazing small amount of food can curb hunger and low energy. If you are still hungry (remember to distinguish the difference between hunger and wanting to just eat). You can also try taking a few more drops of Reduce 1x and see if that helps.
3. OK One more …. my friend said you can have 2 types of veggies from the list, per meal. Is that right or are you allowed only one type per meal? The Original Protocol says to only have 1 vegetable per meal. Since that time there has been continued research and the Advanced Research allows for combining vegetables and additional choices of vegetables. The Updated Grocery Shopping List can be found in the Advanced Research E-Cookbook. I have done it both ways. The advance list makes the protocol much easier and gives you a lot more options to keep from getting bored. If I go into a stall for a few days, (which is normal) I might limit combining veggies for a few meals. The majority of my clients are fine combining.
4. Does the Reduce 1x have an expiration date? Do I have to do the binging for the first 2 days? I had my gallbladder out 2 weeks ago and my appetite is extremely finicky. The FDA asks us to inform people that the Reduce 1x have an expiration date of 6 years. So if you don’t use an entire bottle for a round just save it for another time. My opinion is if you don’t have a huge appetite it would probably be a great time to start. If you have recently had surgery, I do have so say you should consult with your doctor. With that said load days are very important. People seem to do better, are less hungry and lose more if they load. I don’t load as much as I did in the first couple of times because I get sick from sugar and I hate that super full feeling. The important thing is you eat a lot of fat for 2 days and just eat as much as you possible can.
5. How important is the body cleanse that you start 7 days before the diet? I feel it is very important especially for people who have a lot of cravings. It makes the transition to the low calorie diet easier and helps your body prepare for processing a lot of fat. Ideally if you did a cleanse for a month it would be even better. But I have found most people are like me and when you are ready to start you don’t want to wait a month. Most people need to plan and prepare for Phase 2 which is a great time to at least do a 7-day cleanse. Will the diet work without doing the cleanse? Absolutely! You have to remember that this is your health journey. When I started I couldn’t afford anything but the Reduce 1x. Am I glad I started? Absolutely! As you proceed on your health journey you are going to learn more and more, but if you never start you’ll never get anywhere.
6. Is it better to work out during phase 2 or to just relax and take it slow? Does it make a difference? Doing some moderate exercise is always good. We suggest people at least walk 1 hour a day, even if you have to break it up. Heavy exercise is not really appropriate for phase 2 for two reasons. 1. You are not eating enough to sustain very intense exercise. 2. If you exercise to much it will put your body under stress. If your body is under stress it tends to want to hold onto the weight instead of releasing it. If you are feeling exhausted and/or shaky when exercising you are probably doing to much or have high or low blood sugar.
7. Do I have to move on to Phase 3 at three weeks or can I stay on Phase 2 because I want to lose more weight? You can definitely stay on Phase 2 longer. Based on experience, I would not stay on more than 5 weeks. At that point most people’s weight loss slows to 1 to 2 lbs a week. I find people do better to move on and do phase 3 and 4 and stabilize their weight loss. Then they can go back and do another round where they will loose it more quickly. Your body will usually tell you when you need to move on. One of the things I love about this program are the changing phases. You don’t have to stay on the same one for to long.
8. Hey, is crystal light considered an approved beverage and my other question is what is the portion you eat of the Spaghetti-less sauce? If you can do without the crystal light I would. Just like Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi it has aspartame and other additives. Most people have the best results without it. If your going crazy and need something to get you through it’s a better alternative than cheating. On the Spaghetti-less meat sauce I figure my serving by the weight of my meat. I think on the recipe it is 9. I just divide among 9 gladwares. I don’t worry about the vegetable amount just the meat.
9. Am I ok to use Agave instead of Stevia on phase 2? In Phase 2 and 3 NO! Agave syrup consists primarily of fructose and glucose. However, the extremely high percentage of fructose (higher than that of high-fructose corn syrup) will cause you to gain weight in Phase 2 and 3. Stevia is always the healthiest sweetner. The next best alternative I feel is Xylitol, Erythritol, or Splenda.
10. I am currently taking a pre-natal Multi-Vitamin Supplement even though it’s been a couple of days since I stopped breast feeding. Should I keep taking them or switch to a different type of vitamin? Multi-vitamins are very good for you. The main thing you need to do on supplements is start reading labels. Your main concern is phase 2 and 3 is avoiding sugar and starch. Many vitamins have fillers in them that are made of these. Cellulose is a sugar. Most capsules have cellulose in the actual capsule so it doesn’t gum up the machines that fill them. Check out the Multivitamin by Divine Nature in the store. One ‘n’ Only is the most potent, yet balanced once daily supplement, it’s safe, inexpensive and really helps people while on the low calorie diet. If you are using your own just be aware of the ingredients. If you stop losing weight in Phase 2 that is one of the areas to examine.
11. Can you have vinegar in phase 2. I know you can’t have balsamic but how about apple cider or wine? Apple cider vinegar is the healthiest for you and allowed. I used white distilled vinegar because it wasn’t as strong. Wine vinegar is also fine. Just check to make sure there is no sugar in any of them.
12. How much veggies can you eat in a meal? It doesn’t say, Is it unlimited? No it is not unlimited. Under phase 2 there is a post with calorie values of vegetables. You want to keep it as close to 500 calories as possible. With that said if you feel like you have to have something more it is better have a few extra veggies. You do not want to have more fruit or meat. I will marinate some cucumbers and keep them in the fridge so I have something to snack on if I am dying to have something. You can also use the marinade as a dressing on your salad.
13. I am looking at the Phase 2 recipes and I was told you can’t mix your vegetables? Is this true or was that just wrong information from someone else????? Also maybe I am screwed up but isn’t phase 2 when you are doing 500 calories with the hcg? The Original Protocol did not allow for mixing of vegetables. Since then there has been a lot of research and additional food choices have been added to the original list. You can find the updated list in the Advanced Research E-Cookbook. The research shows you can now mix vegetables. I have done it both ways and they both work, but needless to say having additional choices and combining makes a HUGE difference! The continued research also acknowledges the fact that our diets are much different then they were 50-60 years ago. For that reason Phase 1, which is detoxification, was added to prepare people for the diet. For coaching I refer to taking the Reduce 1x and the 500 calorie diet as Phase 2.
14. When is it safe to start using lotions again? You do not want to use oil during the 72 hours after stopping the Reduce 1x. At the end of that time which is the actual start of Phase 3 you can start using lotions and potions again.
15. Can I use mustard as a condiment in Phase 2? I used it all the time. Just make sure you are reading labels. There are some specialty mustards that have sugar, honey, etc. in them.
16. Is it ok to get your hair colored? I don’t let anything interfere with my hair color. Actually people can go to extremes if they want on shampoos and conditions but hair doesn’t absorb oil like your skin does. I haven’t had any clients experience a problem with not being able to lose for this reason.
17. My sister who did the hcg says that I am not going to be able to wear makeup? I wear oil-free Clinque makeup. If it is oil free it is fine. Liquid makeup that has oil can affect your weight loss. Mascara, mineral makeup, eyeshadow is fine. Most lipsticks are also fine because they are primarily wax.
18. I am currently taking a Pre-Natal Multi-Vitamin Supplement even though it’s been a couple of days since I stopped breast feeding. Should I keep taking them or switch to a different type of vitamin? Multi-vitamins are very good for you. The main thing you need to do on supplements is start reading labels. Your main concern is phase 2 and 3 is avoiding sugar and starch. Many vitamins have fillers in them that are made of these. Cellulose is a sugar. Most capsules have cellulose in the actual capsule so it doesn’t gum up the machines that fill them. Check out the Multivitamin by Divine Nature in the store. One ‘n’ Only is the most potent, yet balanced once daily supplement, it’s safe, inexpensive and really helps people while on the low calorie diet. If you are using your own just be aware of the ingredients. If you stop losing weight in Phase 2 that is one of the areas to examine.
19. Do you have to eat the 500 calories? Yes. This is not a starvation diet. You are getting calories from your own fat due to the Reduce 1x but you still need food. If you skip meals or do not eat your 500 calories you will usually pay the price the next day. Often, you won’t lose, you will be hungrier and will have be very tired the following day.
20. Is it necessary to take the Reduce 1x in evenly spaced intervals (ie: every 8 hours)? You want to keep a certain level of it circulating so it’s doing it’s job by keeping you from being hungry, releasing your abnormal fat, etc. That’s why they recommend taking it 3 times a day instead of 2. Does it need to be precise? No. There were several days I just got busy and forgot to take it in the afternoon. When I remembered I took it. If you miss 1 time you should be fine. The more consistent you can keep it the better.
21. What happens if someone only looses 4 lbs during the first week? My first answer would be you are probably doing something wrong without knowing it. 90% of the time that is normally true when I talk with people. I would review the questionnaire on Fat Burners Diet Errors. If you are good on all of those items, then be patient. Not everybody loses at the same rate. People who are more overweight lose more. Those who are in good shape and not that much overweight lose less weight and more inches. I’ve had people who have only lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks but went down 2 sizes. I also find that people who lose a lot the first week, go into a stall earlier and lose less the 2nd week. People who lose less the first week seem to lose more the following weeks. This is a journey to learn about you. Everybody loses differently. Hang in there and get back with me.
24. Do I have to stop taking my Thyroid medication during the program? Absolutely Not, We Recommend you consult always with your doctor and never stop taking anything without his consent. I have lots of people do the protocol that take thyroid medication.
25. How long after taking the drops does it stay in your system? 72 hours. That is why you need to stay on the 500 calorie diet for that long once you stop taking the Reduce 1x.
26. What do I need to do if I am in phase two and ate forbidden foods? Just get back on track. If your weight is up the next day do an apple day. Which is drink only water till noon. Just drink to quench your thrist. Then have 6 apples only, spaced out the rest of the day. I’ll try different types of apples, make apple sauce, baked apples or apple cookies in the Advanced Research E-Cookbook. You should be down the following day.
28. I’m confused I was taught a gram of protein =4 calories a gram of carb=4 cal and a gram of fat =9 cal. using this formula this diet is around 1200 cal which I feel would be much more doable to me I really think I would die on 500 cal a day with all I do. Please clarify?
Trust me I didn’t think I could live on 500 calories a day when I could barely do 1200 a day. You have to understand you are also getting 1500-2000 calories a day from your own fat when you are on Reduce 1x. Thats one of the things that makes this diet different than any other diet. I was less hungry and had more energy than any diet I have ever been on. Not all protein is the same. You need the leanest cuts on this program and fish, chicken and meat are all different amounts. I personally don’t count calories, I just weigh the meat, eat the allotted fruit and have a cup and sometimes a little more of vegetables. I found it much easier to sacrifice a minimum of 3 weeks and lose a lot of fat then been on a low calorie diet and lose a 1/3 of what I lost on this not to mention all the other benefits.